Monday, March 2, 2009

Bringing sexy back

My "sister in law" got her hair cut the other day and not so cheerily said "it just looks girl next doorish." I thought that was the look she goes for. Turns out that with this haircut she wanted to "feel sexy." Awesome, I liked her honesty in that. My first response was "well, head down to Victoria's Secret and buy a lacy thong", but she proceeded to tell me that the last thing she wanted was for her rear to be exposed. We chatted some more, then she and my brother were on their way.

I continued to think of ideas for her and later called her ever so randomly and told her to go out and order something like a side of french fries and follow it up with a glass of champagne. The frivolousness of it is smashing and its hard not to feel sexy while holding a flute of bubbles. Try it out sometime, its great. She laughed at the sheer fact that I was still thinking about the sexy thing.

The thing is that all you really need to do to feel sexy is be confident in the idea that you are sexy. Confidence goes a heck of a long way in anything you want to do, feel or be.

I can vouch for this 100%. I asked my husband at dinner that night what about me he finds to be the most sexy. Partially out of curiousity at what ridiculous thing he would say, I thought for sure it would have something to do with my bum, but also because I think women have a skewed view of what sexy really is. It didn't take him a second to answer and he said "the way I am with our daughter is my sexiest trait."

I am a mom and being a mom is not always glamorous, and definitely not "sexy" but for me there has never been another "job" I have held which I have tackled with such confidence. I am proud and fun and full of love when I am with the Rooterbug. I smile bigger, I have more patience, I swear less, and I simply want to be a better human because I have her eyes on me at all times. I know I am doing a good job with her and my confidence in that just so happens to be a turn on for my man.

Try on your confidence friends. Let go of insecurities and judge others around you a little less. If all else fails red lipstick would be my next suggestion. WHOLEHEARTEDLY wear it to the grocery store one day and own it. I guarantee that you will feel atleast a little bit sexy. You've go to own it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment